Assignment Week5Assignments ·
Due 4PM October 15
- Create a text sculpture either in the virtual 3D or in the physical space (bring the object or present the documentation)
- Try to cover at least three keywords on your list
- Read “What is Codework?” by Alan Sondheim
- Read these pages from Course in General Linguistics: Basic linguistic theory and terminologies
- Read Chapter 2 “Speech, Writing, Code: Three Worldviews” in My Mother Was a Computer.
- [Recommended] An interview with Mez Breeze by Aria Dean on Rhizome.
Spend some time “reading”:
- Mezangelle, Mez Breeze. (Example:Datableed).
- Jodi, Joan Heemskerk and Dirk Paesmans: Refresh the page to see different results! Saving the final urls or making screenshots could be helpful to retrieve them later.
Questions to think about:
- Is computer code language? (Is “programming language” an oxymoron?)
- Who are the addressees for Codework?
- How Codework is to be grasped as an linguistic object?