Assignment Week4Assignments ·
Due 4PM October 8
- Make an interesting generative piece using Markov chain or grammar rules
- Play with text analysis
- Test your generation results with your friends!
- Text Rain, by Romy Achituv & Camille Utterback
- Stream of Consciousness: An Interactive Poetic Garden, by David Small and Tom White
- Curved, an artistic research project with many interesting experiments with language in 3D
- these VR experiments made by Jhave, if you have a google cardboard or other VR devices, check it out in VR!
- Roberts, Andrew Michael. “Why Digital Literature Has Always Been ‘Beyond the Screen’.” Beyond the Screen: Transformations of Literary Structures, Interfaces and Genres 44 (2010): pp. 153 - 177.
Questions to think about
- If the same text is presented in 2D format, would it still be the same work? What make texts in 3D (Virtual reality or the physical world) different from texts in print/texts on a flat screen? Come up with a list of 10 keywords.
- How would you read/approach a piece of language art in 3D? Use some of these criteria in your list to analyse an example of ‘text in 3D’ from your background/research and relate it to the article and other art projects above.